Planner/Urban Designer – Mid Level
Canin Associates is currently seeking qualified candidates to augment our Urban Planning Studio. The successful candidate will join a talented group of planners, urban designers, landscape architects and architects dedicated to best practices in mixed use and urban development. Knowledge of the principles of urban design and community planning and its application to a variety of contexts including commercial, multi-family, mixed use, infill, and multi-modal transportation projects is important. Experience in planning analysis, comprehensive planning, land development regulations and site planning is preferred.
We are seeking a passionate individual who enjoys working on a variety of tasks and project types. Candidates should be willing and capable of learning new skills and interested in continually expanding their professional horizons. Our team is flexible and provides excellent opportunities for professional growth in a dynamic segment of our practice.
Office Location: Downtown Orlando
- Masters in Urban Planning or Urban Design (or equivalent) and 3 years of related professional experience
- Candidate should be motivated and passionate about urban planning and design with a desire to learn new skills and apply critical thinking to complex problems
- Excellent time management and organizational skills for multiple project assignments
- Knowledge of urban design principles and practice, as well as site design techniques
- Excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills
- Skills in research, planning analysis, and problem-solving
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign and Photoshop), and AutoCAD.
- Additional preference will be given to candidates with education in Architecture or Landscape Architecture; experience in ArcGIS, SketchUp, Lumion, public speaking, project management, graphic design, and visualization techniques; experience working with Government entities; or CNU Accreditation.
Responsibilities will include:
- Project management and coordination, site design, urban design drafting, graphic design, 3D rendering, creation of memos, reports and presentations, development of government submittals, zoning research, production of marketing materials.
Applicants should be authorized for employment in the United States.