Canin Associates’ Director of Urbanism, Eliza Harris Juliano, will be filling one of the nine positions on the Orange County Development Advisory Board. The board is responsible for reviewing proposed regulations impacting land use. Other professionals on the committee include licensed architects and landscape architects, builders and developers, a civil engineer, environmental specialist, financial specialist, attorney, general contractor, and homeowner’s association representative.
Canin Associates‘ team is dedicated creating great people places, not only by planning and designing places, but by our team members’ personal involvement in our local community.
Eliza has a strong record of service in the public sector, having served on several local government boards and committees. These include Green Works Orlando, Mayor Buddy Dyer’s GreenWorks Task Force; the Orange County Sustainability Committee, which focuses on economic, environmental and social sustainability; and the Project DTO Task Force, where she was involved in the transportation sub-committee, a group of over 70 stakeholders appointed by the mayor to research, explore, and expand upon the dynamics of downtown Orlando.
Project DTO is of special interest to our team because downtown Orlando is our office’s own back yard, where projects like the Dr. Phillips Performing Arts Center, SunRail, and the Orlando Bike Share Program are only the beginning of great new endeavors to make downtown Orlando even better. Canin Associates’ vice president of business development, Greg Witherspoon, also helps to keep the City Beautiful beautiful by serving on the City of Orlando Appearance Review Board.
- 2018 Landscape Trends in Community Amenities - May 2, 2018
- A Vision for Mercy Drive - March 7, 2018
- Courtyards in Mexico: More Than Just an Architectural Feature - November 20, 2017
- Our 5 Top Posts of 2015 - January 7, 2016
- ULI Central Florida: Visionaries Discuss the M-Factor - October 7, 2015
- A Connectivity Case Study in Saarbrücken, Germany - September 15, 2015
- Event Recap: ULI Central Florida’s Volusia County Update - May 8, 2015
- Three Architectural Periods in Peru - April 10, 2015
- Eliza Harris Juliano Appointed to Orange County Development Advisory Board - April 2, 2015
- Implementing Streetcars: Lessons from Atlanta - January 27, 2015